Latest Pack News
Look here for the latest News from Pack 229!
Come and join Cub Scouting!
Pack 229 is a Cub Scouting unit whose program is designed to support and encourage quality family involvement and is open to all first through fifth grade boys in St. Theresa Parish.
Each Cub Scout learns to respect his home, country, and other people. The program also helps boys this age to:
- Learn new physical skills through sports, crafts, and games.
- Learn how to get along with others through group activities.
- Develop new mental skills.
- Develop personal independence.
- Learn to make values-based decisions that assist him throughout his adult life.
Now is your chance to get him involved and signed up for Cub Scouting.
For more information about how your son can join Pack 229, please contact Jeff Brand, Cubmaster, at 807-6701 or email@example.com.
Raingutter Regatta Boats
Raingutter Regatta Boats are avialable for pickup from Den leaders.
This year's popcorn fundraiser has already begun!
Pack 229 encourages all Cub Scouts to sell popcorn as it teaches boys valuable skills and leads to one of the goals of Cub Scouting-personal achievement. Scouts are encouraged but not required to sell popcorn. Popcorn sales are not part of the annual budgeting process. Pack 229 sets fundraising goals for special items or activities.
Some notes about popcorn:
Click here for more popcorn information
- Pickup forms from Den Leaders
- All checks should be made out to 'Pack 229'.
- Return forms and checks by Friday October 29th.
- Popcorn will be delivered on November 9th and 10th.
- Don't forget popcorn for the Troops. Easy way for people to donate to 2 good causes at once. The Boy Scouts of America (including our Pack) and our fighting men and women overseas.
- Please have Scouts wear Class A uniform while selling.
Den meetings are on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 in Portable 5.
Upcoming Pack Events
|Pack Meeting - Rain Gutter Regatta
||Jordan Hall Parking Lot
||Tuesday, October 16th, 5:30 - 7:00 PM
|Cub Partner Campout
||Cub World, Bastrop, TX
||Saturday, October 20th
|Pack Overnight Campout
||Krause Springs, Spicewood, TX
||Friday-Saturday, October 26-27
|Tiger Cub Adventure Day
||Cub World, Bastrop, TX
||Saturday, November 3rd
|Pack Meeting - Pinewood Derby
||Saturday, January 19th, 2013, 5:30 - 7:00 PM
|Pack Meeting - Blue and Gold Dinner
||Tuesday, February 19th, 2013, 5:30 - 7:00 PM
|Pack Meeting - Spring Round Up
||Tuesday, May 21st, 2013, 5:30 - 6:30 PM
Scout Uniform to School on Tuesdays
The uniform for Tuesdays is Class A ONLY.
Collared scout shirt, neckerchief, belt. NOT the t-shirt (Class B).
The Class B shirt (t-shirt-We've Got A Pack Mentality) is appropriate for any Spirit Day.
Dues & Applications
Please turn in your dues and applications as soon as possible.
Enter Achievements in ScoutTrack
Parents and Den Leaders please enter your Scouts' achievements into ScoutTrack in plenty of time to pick up awards.
We want lots of belts loops, beads, pins, patches to give to each boy.